What Are Podcasts?
The term Podcast (portmanteau of iPod + Broadcast) refers to any form of digital audio recording made available on the internet. Podcasts are available in many forms and formats – From single recordings to serialised radio shows. They can vary in length too – From a few minutes to several hours. Some of the formats include:
- Solo podcast: These are great for single speakers and lectures.
- Interview-based: These are a question answer format where a host asks questions to a subject expert.
- Conversational: These are conversations between experts who discuss a topic in depth, putting across different points of view.
- Re-purposed content: These are derived from other media activities (such as commentaries, reviews).
- Non-fiction narrative storytelling: These are essentially nonfiction documentaries.
What is the role of Podcasts in Brand-building?
In a world of surfeit information and reducing attention spans, the audio medium finds itself coming back to become an integral part of consumer lives. The medium allows listeners to multi-task while listening to important information without committing too much focus time. This ensures that the consumers don’t miss out on critical information for the lack of time. For brands, podcasts are fast becoming a marketing tool to create awareness, build a sustained connection with the consumer and stay relevant.
Impact Science - Your Partner for Podcasts
At Impact Science, we have a team of linguists, script writers, audio-experts, and a network of engaging podcast hosts who will help you build the right narrative for your brand’s message. After evaluating your communication need and identifying a podcast style, we will work with you alongside to help you create your story or message in a script, build a gripping dialogue, and record your podcasts for your audiences.